The Museum of Health Care at Kingston is seeking a self-directed, well organized, responsible person to serve as Museum Manager. This position will be responsible to the Chair, Board of Directors.
• Human resources management including payroll and the recruitment, training, and supervision of administrative and public programming staff and volunteers
• Financial and accounting services
• Public relations, including marketing
• Grant writing, fundraising program development and administrative support to the Board of Directors
• Design, direction and delivery of educational programs for audiences of all ages
The salary range for this position is $40,000 to 42,500 per annum, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with the public, Board of Directors, professional staff, volunteers and external organizations.
• A degree in a relevant discipline such as museum studies, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in graphic design (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and website maintenance preferred.
• Administrative experience including accounting practices, payroll administration, and supervision duties. Knowledge of Sage Accounting and E*Tapestry software will be considered an asset.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work some evening and week-end commitments.
Anticipated start date: November 16, 2017
Please submit via email a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information by 4:00 p.m. on October 10, 2017 to:
Ian M. Fraser
Museum of Health Care at Kingston
Ann Baillie Building National Historic Site, 32 George Street
Kingston, Ontario K7L 2V7
Please send files in Adobe Acrobat .PDF or Microsoft Word .DOC format only.
We thank all applicants; please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.