OMA Knowledge Forum Meet & Greet – August 28, 2009
Kingston region Meet and Greet by the Ontario Museum Association (OMA) was held on August 28, 2009 at the Museum of Health Care.
The Meet and Greet was an opportunity for the OMA to update the Kingston area on OMA programs and services such as the Annual Conference, Ontario Museum at Queen’s Park Day, May is Museum Month, Museum Technology and Knowledge Management Projects and various special projects.
We heard from Mark Badham, (Kingston Association of Museums, Art Galleries and Historic Sites) KAM Lead, and Marie Lalonde, OMA Executive Director
We also had a special visit from Hon. John Gerretsen who spoke about the importance held by the Kingston area Museums, Galleries and Historic Sites.
The local Museums, Art Galleries and Historic Sites that attended:
• Agnes Etherington Art Centre
• Bellevue House National Historic Site of Canada
• City of Kingston Cultural Services Department
• Department of Canadian Heritage/Patrimoine canadien
• Fort Henry National Historic Site of Canada
• Frontenac County Schools Museum
• Glanmore National Historic Site
• Kingston Scout Museum
• MacLachlan Woodworking Museum
• Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston
• Military Communications & Electronics Museum
• Ministry of the Environment
• Museum of Geology and Mineralogy
• Museum of Health Care at Kingston
• Parks Canada - Kingston Mills Blockhouse